This ISO 14001 Internal
EMS Auditor course provides the body of knowledge necessary to assist candidates in developing; improving and implementing ISO 14001 process based audit programs. It teaches the strategies and tactics for planning, conducting, recording, and reporting results.
"For clients certified for EMS, the expected outputs should be trends of improving environmental performance, legal compliance, pollution prevention, and continual improvement."
Randy A. Dougherty,
Director of Accreditation, ANAB
we provide the tools and techniques, including electronic handouts!1
1. Created in Microsoft Word® usage requires compliance with an end user license agreement (EULA). One copy provided for each organization attending.
During the 2-day course structured experiences, simulations, participative learning materials, learning activities and case studies - all provide learning by doing.
To demonstrate comprehension of definitions, concepts and techniques a test is provided at the end of the course. If needed, re-takes are available free of charge.
This course is also filled with invaluable information and experiences gained while conducting ISO 14001:2004 audits. Numerous handouts are also presented to facilitate understanding and application.
"Auditing is characterized by reliance on a number of principles. These make the audit an effective and reliable tool in support of management policies and controls, providing information on which an organization can act to improve its performance."
· The Process Audit Approach
· Examining the ongoing control over the linkages between the individual processes within the system as well as their combination and interaction in meeting the requirements of ISO 14001:2015
· ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for auditing management systems
· Overview of ISO 14001 requirements; timeline of US environmental legislation; and, review of over 75 of the most commonly used environmental acronyms
· Defining audit criteria, establishing the audit programme, corrective action and follow-up
· Adapting who, what, how and how many to audit planning
· Internal audit determining whether the environmental management system is effectively implemented and maintained
· Interactive group exercises
The course is intended for personnel who will lead, conduct, or participate in internal environmental management system audits.